technology of reconditioning steel piston crown parts is based on the chrome
plating of the piston ring grooves. A chromium layer with high level of
hardness and corrosion resistance ensures the long life of the pistons.
Depending on the type and brand of the engine, the thickness of the chromium
varies from 0,3 to 0,5 mm.
The restoration process includes the
blasting, and detection of defects;
- Pre-machining, where the worn-out metal layer is
- Automatic submerging built-up welding, strictly controlling
the temperature regime and using high quality CRMO wires;
- Stress-relieving via heat treatment;
- Mechanical processing according to drawing dimensions
and ring-grooves grinding;
- Chroming and grinding;
- Final heat treatment and Hydrogen removing;
- Dimensional control, final quality control;